Up & Down
Scentventure Compass Point: Partnership
Today we have another Distraction Defeater in store for you. Its brilliance is in its simplicity! You’ll be able to get started with this in just 5 minutes today.
This one’s for when you need to let a distraction pass you.
- Drop a treat between your feet
- Your dog will put their nose down to find it
- Wait until your dog looks back up at you. Use your marker word e.g. ‘yes’/’good’ and drop another treat.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat.
After a few repetitions your dog will get into the rhythm of looking up at you after they’ve eaten the treat to ask for another one. Meanwhile, the distraction passes you by.
Here’s what to do now:
- Watch the video and film yourself having a go with your own dog
- Share your videos with the hashtag #day5 #sv24
- Set an alarm for 6.30pm for this evening’s Masterclass